So in the World of the AD everything is build by classes. Classes are stored in the Schema part of the AD.
So what does this mean?
The fast basics
- Each AD object has a objectClass which matches to a class in the schema.
- Each class has a parent (subClassof)
- One class has itself as its parent (top)
- Each class has available attributes which might or must be set on an AD object.
- An AD object can use all attributes of its class and all above it.
There are 4 attributes defined for each class which says which attributes it carries: